Counter-Strike: Global Offensive isn’t updated like other esports. While the likes of League of Legends and StarCraft 2 spend weeks testing every small change, CS:GO’s come out of the blue. While Dota 2 will reinvent itself every three months, CS:GO’s changes are so subtle you might not even notice them logging in from day to day. To help facilitate you in noticing this, we’re going to track the latest updates to the game in this post. Each time Valve upgrades the game, we’ll let you know what’s worth worrying about, what isn’t, and provide as full a changelog as able.
If this isn’t enough change for you, try one of the other best FPS out there.
CS:GO’s latest version is 126.96.36.199, which went live on September 7th. Here’s the breakdown:
- Added an explanation to Overwatch griefing convictions that players can be convicted for not participating in the match for an extended period of time.
- Added support for asynchronously loading gift sender’s name for
unacknowledged items received as a gift.
- Fixed an issue that prevented display items from getting unequipped in loadout.
- Applying a trade-restricted sticker will now also transfer its ‘Tradable After’ restriction to the weapon. If both the sticker and the weapon were sellable immediately on Steam Community Market then the weapon with the sticker will remain sellable immediately.
- Limited-time offers will now always be available to users launching the game.
- Limited-time offers will now always be replenished when one of them is purchased.
- For log-parsing, all disconnect messages will no longer contain a newline character.
- Added a plugin method IServerTools::CreateItemEntityByName which should be used when plugins need to create weapon entities by schema name.
- Fixed an issue that caused a client error “CL_ReadPreserveEnt: u.m_nNewEntity == MAX_EDICTS” on some community servers.
- Expanded server capacity for official datacenter in Tianjin, China.
CS:GO watcher wickedplayer494 says the game’s fifth birthday party patch, and all the fun features it enables, is still active. Valve must’ve forgotten to take it down. Here are some of the fun things it does:
- Chickens are now participating in the birthday bash
- Zeuses shoot confetti (they’re still standard price)
- Bomb defuses have balloons
The latest patch is roughly 20MB in size. You can check out the full update notes via the Counter-Strike blog or wickedplayer494 at the link above.